Appendix I – The Randall Family
Philip Riley Randall
Philip Riley Randall born 1574 at Allington,
Philip emigrated to New England with his father Goodman
Randall in Dorchester in 1630 and
2. Savage Genealogical Dictionary of New England . Philip Randall was born
killed 5-6- 1662,
3. American Genealogy Vol.17 by Jacobus Vol.2 p.224
4. Phelps Family of
Andrew Servin brief history, name of Philip's father asGoodman Randall Vol.2 p.1259: Philip Randall, born in
Dorchester in 1630 and
(see Phelps notes) 2.
p.1270 His son was Abraham, who adopted a son of George Phelps namely CaptainAbraham Phelps.
This Abraham Phelps inherited the property of Abraham Randall(value about L140)Stiles says:
"In 1640 Philip Randall had lot 12 rods wide, south of Holcombe he built on west side of the street, whereon
the homestead had previously beenbuilt opposite his father's.This in 1678, he gave to his kinsman Abram
Phelps (son of George) "that whichwas my dwelling house east side of the street," breadth 12 rods. Here Captain
Phelps resided. (a map on p.86 showed location).
who was in
6. Banks Topographical Dictionary p.30 gives Philip from Allington, DorsetEngland settled in
7. Life of George Dewey and Dewey Family History by A M Dewey ----family groupof Thomas Dewey and
Frances Randall Clark
8. Directory of the Ancestral Heads of
9. p.cxvll Randall from Saxon ran fair, and ulph, heep
10. Memorial History of Hartford Vol.2 p.555 ----Philip Randall (1640) fromDorchester, his son Abraham
married Mary ---- 1640, she died 1677. GeorgePhelps (1638) from
daughter of Philip Randall, had 3sons; his wife died 1648 and he married the widow of Thomas Dewey
of his sons:
Abraham Phelps md 1665 Mary, dau of Humphrey Pinney
Joseph Phelps md 1673 Mary, dau of John Porter, Jr.
Isaac Phelps md 1665 Ann, dau of William Gaylord Jr.
George Phelps md (1) Philury Randall and at her death he md (2) Francis, sister to (Philury)
Philip Randall (1640) from
of street and died in 1648.
Frances Randall Clark DEWEY Phelps
Frances born about 1624 at Allington, Dorset, England and died
Spouse: DEWEY, Thomas, [Coronet] - born: 1603 @
By her third marriage she had had several children, when she lived at Waranoak, now
Source: Life of George Dewey, Dewey Publishing Co.,
According to Dorothea Owen, 687 W. Riverside, Springfield, MO 65807, by letter to Dallas Albert Johnson
on 9 Oct 1992, she was the daughter of Philip Randall, who was a freeman at Dorchester, MA in 1634.
He died 1661 at
In his will he names